Use this visually pleasing game board if you have already taught the 5 irregular verb forms novice learners first encounter: SER, ESTAR, TENER, IR and JUGAR and you want your students to practice speaking and listening for the basic rhythm of the conjugations. This product is also EDITABLE to make changes in the verbs you want your students to practice.
¡ACORAZADO! BATTLESHIP: 5 IRREGULAR SPANISH VERBS, LOVINGLY encased as a zip file, includes slide presentations for the teacher to follow the scaffolding we have used effectively in our classrooms. It has been formatted as a.pdf and slides for format integrity and editing as you wish and includes the following:
• A teacher friendly, visually stimulating, slide presentation that guides the teacher through possible steps of delivery
• An ¡ACORAZADO! / BATTLESHIP activity in landscape and portrait format to practice writing and saying the 5 irregular verb forms novice learners first encounter: SER, ESTAR, TENER, IR and JUGAR
• An additional document with 2 ¡ACORAZADO! boards in portrait format to keep track of self and partner play.
• An answer key to project and/or share
• A sample recording of Spanish I students at play in our classroom
• Instructions on how to use this activity paperless through Google Classroom
Uses for incorporating this product into your classroom seamlessly:
• Push out through Google Classroom or similar platform
• Extra review or practice in partners
• Whole class instruction allowing students to contribute in real-time